Discover new ways to live in your body
I love bodies, movement and exploring.
The union and interaction between body, mind and emotion.
Everything started 17 years ago, when dance and movement helped me so much to overcome difficult moments in my life that I decided to share the benefits of moving with the rest of the world.
That’s why the name of this site,
I move I am.
I move, therefore I am.
Who am I?
A bit of my personal story…
My name is María Munain Moral, and I was born and raised in Vitoria, the Basque Country (Spain) but I have also lived in Barcelona and Damascus, Syria, to finally settled down in Amsterdam for the last 8 years.
At the age of 13 I said to a dear fried that I wanted to learn to dance, and her mum answered: ¨María you just have birds in your head.» Almost one year time took me to gather the courage to enroll in the weekly classes of the neighborhood club. Ever since then movement and being in contact with my body has given me confidence and courage to fight forward in difficult moments of my life.
Around the age of 20, after having started a career in Communication, a very distressful life situation made me change path and dedicate myself to share the benefits of dance and movement with people around me.
Since then I have deepened my knowledge in different disciplines: several movement and dance styles, Dance Movement Therapy, Iyengar Yoga, neuropsychology, Flamenco dance, Schema Therapy, Active Mindfulness, Contact Improvisation, 5 rhythms, Ecstatic Dance…
Moreover, since the age of 19, I have volunteered, with very diverse and vulnerable populations, orphan children, teenagers from difficult backgrounds, migrants and refugees, sexually abused girls and sufferers of domestic violence.
Experience and qualifications
- Official Basic, Advanced and Group Schema Therapy Training. Trained in Forta Opleidingen and directly with Farrell& Shaw in Prague Mental Health Institute.
- Training in EMDR, Eye Movement Desentizitation by the Institute BIVT in Beverwijk, The Netherlands.
- Training in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Affect dysregulation, Survival responses and Trauma Memory by Esther Perez and Kekuni Minton. Level Une.
- Training in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy by Dialexis and currently part of a Consulation Team working with Borderline Personality Disorders in Group and Individual treatments. Participating in the research BOOTS from University of Amsterdam.
- Master in Dance Movement Therapy (120ects) by Codarts Hogeschool voor de Kunsten. Thesis: «Giving Meaning through Movement Metaphors – A dance movement therapy case study with a client diagnosed with depression.»
- 6 years working as a Registered Mental Health therapist in a clinical setting with people suffering from trauma, depression, anxiety and personality disorders (more than 5000 hours of supervised work and over 200 patients).
- Designed and facilitated 12 workshop series for general public adressing topics as confidence, movement, sensuality, emotion regulation, boundaries…having reached more than 300 people.
- 8 years of yoga, movement meditation and conscious breathing practice.
- 17 years of several movement disciplines, dance and somatic practices (Iyengar yoga, Yin Yoga, Flamenco dance, Contemporary Dance, Improvisation technique, Active Meditation, Ecstatic dance, Contact improvisation, 5rhythms, Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais…)
Since 2015 I work in a Mental Health Clinic in Amsterdam.
In this outpatient clinic I provide Movement Therapy (DMT), Individual and Group Schema Therapy and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy for people suffering from complex trauma, personality disorders, anxiety and depression.
I like working from a trauma-informed perspective, seeing the person as whole and unique, and not as a bunch of labels and diagnosis.
My clients come from very diverse backgrounds and countries, The Netherlands, Germany, Surinam, Spain, Syria, Lebanon, Canada, Turkey, Marocco, Iran, China, Brazil… I love the diveristy and working with a cultural perspective.
I am member of the Dutch Federation FVB / NVDat (Nº106871).
Currently I have no space for new clients.
Dance-Movement, Embodiment and Creative Process Facilitator
For more than 10 years I have been providing lessons in different movement disciplines and creating workshops with a focus on embodiment and empowerment. I have taught several dance styles and later on more explorative lessons.
I love facilitating groups and witnessing how people can change when they enter in contact with their own body. The discoveries and intense emotions that participants can experience in a safe space. I love to see people move freely in their bodies.
In my Online Movement School (only in Spanish unfortunately) I provide dance, movement, active meditation… and half of the benefits are used to develop social projects with Libraz Non Profit.
Libraz Non Profit
Since 2015, I am creating LIBRAZ, a small-scale non profit organization to provide movement oriented trainings for self-empowerment to people that endured traumatic experiences in their lives.
For example we have developed projects with survivors of sexual abuse, domestic violence and asylum seekers.
Visit de website of Libraz here
If you want to get in contact with me you can do so via email
Or instagram: @imove.iam
«The highest and most beautiful things in life are not to be heard about, nor read about, nor seen but, if one will, are to be lived.» SOREN KIERKEGAARD